St. Patrick’s Day Mad Mile (1 mile Race): March 16, 2019, Utica NY
The Sneaker Store’s St. Patrick’s Day Mad Mile is the best way to kick of a great St. Patrick’s Day! It’s our 2nd Annual race this year, and it will be bigger and better! Bring your family, your friends, and your best Irish outfit, and get ready to dash down the Genesee Street parade route just ahead of the Utica St. Patrick’s Day Parade. With a built-in cheering crowd, this one-mile course with a slight elevation drop will get you revved up to enjoy the day’s festivities.
The race kicks off at 9:45 am, sharp on Saturday, March 16th. We’ll gather for the Start on Clinton Place at Genesee Street, and move to the start line on Genesee Street at 9:40 am. As you can expect road closures and delays, please plan accordingly for parking and extra time to walk to the start. We cannot delay the start as the parade goes off at 10:00. Please be aware of your surroundings, as parade floats will be lining up near the start line. The 1-mile race course is a straight shot down Genesee Street (hello, downhill!), ending at Colombia Street where we will gather for results (TNT Timing) and prizes (Courtesy of The Sneaker Store and Mizuno). Then you can relax, enjoy the parade (we have a perfect view from our finish line area!!!), and maybe even wander down to Varick Street for some more celebrating!
With a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Great American Irish Festival and the building of the Irish Cultural Center in Downtown Utica, this is a race you can feel good about entering! Register now for just $25, including a t-shirt, design created by The Sneaker Store’s own Scott Young – but don’t wait, the price goes up to $30 on race day! T-Shirt sizes are guaranteed through 3/6/18, and after that will be first come, first served.
- Pre-Register Online at RunSignUp.com through Thursday, 3/14. Cost is $25 and includes a t-shirt. *T-shirt sizes are guaranteed only through 3/6/18
- Register In Person at the Sneaker Store on 3/15 OR near the start line on Clinton Place on Saturday, 3/16. Cost is $30 and we cannot guarantee t-shirt sizes.
- Friday, March 15 from 4:00-7:00 at The Sneaker Store, 4490 Commercial Drive, New Hartford.
- Saturday, March 16th from 8:30-9:15 near the start line on Clinton Place near Genesee Street.
- We strongly encourage registrants to pick up race packets on Friday, as it is imperative that the race starts on time. If you must pick up your race packet on Saturday, please plan extra time for parking and lines.
*Special Note Regarding Weather* – If the Utica St. Patrick’s Day Parade is postponed for any reason, the St. Patrick’s Day Mad Mile race and packet pick-ups will be postponed along with the parade, and refunds cannot be issued. Please dress festively, but appropriately for weather conditions!
Questions? Contact Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org