Boos & Brews 5K October 31, 2020 Baldwinsville, NY
WHERE: Meadow St. Parking Lot
Meadow St. (Behind St. Mary’s Church)
Baldwinsville, NY US 13027
WHEN: Saturday, October 31, 2020
TIME: Wave 1 – 10:45am; Wave 2 – 11:00am; Wave 3 – 11:15am; Wave 4 – 11:30am; Wave 5 – 1145am; Wave 6 – noon.
Packet Pickup and In-Person Registration: At the Race Site on Saturday morning. Please plan on picking up 15-30 minutes prior to your wave Start Time
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Very flat trail course, combination of paved trail and wooded trail (2 loops) that takes you along the Seneca River into Community Park and back.
A Haunted Halloween 5K RACE (costumes are NOT mandatory but certainly encouraged) with a start/finish at the Meadow Street Parking Lot behind St. Mary’s church where their is access to the course. This fun run event is part of the Dick’s Sporting Good’s Family Fit Running Series.
All participants receive : Custom Halloween buff and Finisher medal.
Overall, Masters Overall and Age Group awards. There will be a separate costume contest with prizes awarded for best, most unique/creative, and scariest.
POST RACE: Head over to The Suds Factory River Grill for some free GHOULash and Southern Tier beer specials!
The race event will benefit the Baldwinsville Girls Basketball Booster Club.
Before you come to the event...
- Know your start time that you registered for
- Leave ample time to pick up bib & swag before your start
- Bring your own hydration liquids and sanitizing wipes/hand sanitizer
- Try to use a bathroom facility before you arrive
- Please bring a face covering to wear
What to do when you get to the site…
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time you signed up for
- Park in the designated area. There will be attendants directing you.
- There will be a porta john near the parking area that you can use if you need to.
- Wait at your car until 15-20 minutes prior to your start time. Please stretch and hydrate at your car.
- 15-20 minutes before your start make your way to the PPU area adjacent to the parking area
At the Packet Pick Up area…
- Please wear a face covering
- Get to PPU area not sooner than 20 min. prior to your start time.
- You will get a custom race buff (face covering) and your BIB (do not forget to grab some pins).
- After you have your swag, drop it off at your car and pin on your bib (on the front)
At the start line…
- Make your way to the start line just before the start time.
- Please wear a face covering and social distance until the race begins.
- Once you start running and are apart from other runners you can remove your face covering
During the race…
- There will be a 1 hydration stations with drinks poured that you will pass twice.
- We ask that you help yourself to a cup (we cannot hand them to you).
- Garbage cans will be placed shortly after the stops.
- If you are walking, please maintain a 6’ social distance with any other walkers or wear a face covering.
At the finish line…
- Yay! you finished
- Get your finisher medal!
- Near the finish there will be water & Monster hydration drinks
- Please maintain a social distance
- Unfortunately, we must ask that you do not hang out post-race. Instead, head over to the River Grill for some free goulash and Southern Tier specials
Sign up at: runsignup.com