Boilermaker 15K and 5k: WE’RE GOING VIRTUAL!
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL BOILERMAKER?
The Boilermaker is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that relies on Boilermaker Weekend events for its funding. The inability to host the traditional Boilermaker severely impacts the financial health of the organization. Your decision to participate or not in this historic virtual version of the race will have a direct impact on the organization’s ability to operate and conduct traditional Boilermakers in the years to come. With that in mind, we are asking, if you are able, to please consider participating in this virtual event.
- Participants from around the world will run their 15K or 5K race at their discretion between September 1st and September 13th. Participants will then report their time back to the Boilermaker no later than 12 PM (noon) EST on September 13th via their RunSignUp account.
- Participants can run a course of their choosing, including a treadmill or track. All runners are encouraged to identify a safe course that allows them to exercise social distancing guidelines in place for their region, state our country.
- Participants will have shipped to them a historic, commemorative pint glass, race bib and finisher’s medal (15K) or finisher’s pin (5K).
- While not required, participants are encouraged to use the RaceJoy mobile app to document their run and submit their result. More information on this to follow.
- The virtual race will include the following programs: Charity Bib, Corporate Cup, wheelchair division, High School Challenge & traditional age group awards.
- Over the coming months, the Boilermaker will be sharing numerous opportunities and features that will make participation in this virtual race an incredibly unique and memorable Boilermaker experience.
Signup at runsignup.com
For more information go to: boilermaker.com